New to fundraising? First time participating in AIDS WALK Charlotte? Need a refresher course to boost your total? We’re here to help! Follow these easy steps to becoming a successful fundraiser—aim high and you could be one of our top fundraisers!
Step 1: Attend an AIDS WALK Workshop
Join us for a free fundraising and brainstorming workshop where you will have an opportunity to talk through ideas you might have, talk with others about what they have done and talk about some of the best practices when it comes to personal and team fundraising. We will also talk about starting a team and what it means to be a team captain.
- Tuesday, March 27 - 6:00 to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 28 - 6:00 to 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 3 - 6:00 to 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 4 - 6:00 to 7:00 PM
If you are interested in attending one of the workshops please RSVP by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your selected date.
Step 2: Make It Personal
Personalize your fundraising page, where friends, family, and co-workers can sponsor you online, by logging in to your Participant Center. There you can:
- Share your reasons for walking by editing the text on your page.
- Create or change your custom URL that links directly to your fundraising page.
- Upload your own images or videos.
- Set or change your fundraising goal.
Step 3: Talk the Talk
Now that you have a sparkling new personal fundraising page, share the link with everyone you know and ask them to sponsor you for AIDS WALK Charlotte. Don’t be afraid to follow up or send reminders, and remember to thank your donors! You can share the link by:
- Sending an email through your Participant Center - the link is automatically included in all messages you send and there are templates to choose from and customize!
- Connecting your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts to your HQ to post outreach messages to all your social media contacts.
- Copying and pasting your custom URL into your fundraising outreach emails directly.
Step 4: Walk the Walk
Get ready for AIDS WALK Charlotte by reviewing important Day of Walk information. At the Walk, you can:
- Turn in any cash or check donations you have received at Registration/Check-In.
- If you have raised $25 or more, don't forget to pick up your t-shirt at Registration/Check-In.
- Walk strong with others knowing that your work supports HIV+ youth, adult and senior adults in the Charlotte area.